Week 13; Black Panther 1-3

I've been looking forward to this week all semester. I wasn't permitted to grow up reading comic books so this week was exciting. When I looked at the list Black Panther stuck out because of the recently released movie. I don't know much about the comic books themself or the story that they follow but I was excited to dip my toes in here. The introduction was short, to the point, very concise. within a page or two they had explained the entire struggle, what happened until now, and what the plan was to try to resolve it. The villain was intriguing, you couldn't quite take her seriously simply because of how outlandish her ability is pull out hatred. Strange ability, not at all realistic, but at the same time where you can't quite take her seriously, the weight is reinforced by Te-Chala's struggles. He is trying to be a good king, he has lost his sister, and feels like he is loosing his footing, his home, his family, and you feel as truly lost as he is. It felt gripping and the story made it very hard for me to put the books down especially at the end of the third book because of that particular story line of the loss of his sister. Another aspect I loved was the design. Modern, technological, edgy, sharp, graphic, but what was even cooler is how almost abstract it is too. There is an episode is a popular Netflix cartoon called Love, Death, and Robots, which has a similar style. Very appealing and something about it makes it very hard for you to look away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Eleven; WHY I HATE SATURN